If you want to learn more about us, you’re in the right place. Read to learn how we can help manage your business
Why choose Curatus
Curatus Trust Company (Mauritius) Limited is a management company, registered in Mauritius, specialising in the management and administration of international client interests. At Curatus, we value dedication and confidentiality. Our team of professionals come from fields of business ethics and due diligence, corporate administration, trust and estate planners, and accountancy. Our team of professionals are members of the STEP (Society for Trust and Estate Practitioners), ICSA (Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators), and ACCA (Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants). Curatus is also a member of the Association of Brecourt, the internationally recognised association of tax, audit, accountancy, management and financial advisory professionals
Why choose Mauritius
Strategically located at the cross-roads of Africa, Asia and Australia, Mauritius has positioned itself as a premier international financial centre for investors seeking security, transparency and fiscal efficiency. With a booming economy thriving on sustained economic growth, Mauritius distinguishes itself among other African economies as a secure investment location, with established rule of law, political and economic stability. It has an investment-friendly regulatory regime and offers various fiscal incentives to boost as well as to hold investment.
Mauritius has signed a significant number of Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (DTAAs) and Investment Promotion & Protection Agreement (IPPAs) which enable commercial and corporate clients to have access to various benefits. Investors can use Mauritius as a springboard to carry out international business activities and benefit from various cross-border opportunities, as well as to hold investments, raise funds and list their shares in the capital market of their choice.
- Attractive fiscal policies
- Low corporate tax of 15% but 80% partial exemption available on certain income subject to meeting substance requirements.
- No Withholding Tax (WHT) on interest, royalties, dividends or remittance of branch profits
- Zero rated Value Added Tax (VAT) for global business transactions
- No Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
- No stamp duties, registration duties and levy
- No estate duty, inheritance, wealth or gift taxes
- No limit on the carry forward of tax losses
- No foreign exchange control
- Stock exchange open to foreign investors
- Political, social and economic stability
- Investment-friendly regulatory regime
- Well regulated financial sector
- Internationally recognized rules & regulations
- Ideal time zone (GMT +4)
- Large network of highly skilled, qualified and bilingual professionals available at a competitive rate
- Ideal platform for arbitration in case of dispute
- Global Business Company registers are not open for public inspection
Ruma Kissoondharry serves as the Managing Director of Curatus Trust Company (Mauritius) Ltd.
Ruma is a Fellow member of the Institute for Chartered Secretary & Administrators. She also holds a Diploma in International Trust from STEP.
She has acquired extensive experience from her role as board member of various companies. Her responsibility is growing day by day into a more challenging and problem solving one with the constant changes faced by the global business industry.
Ruma is a board member of the STEP Mauritius Branch where she has acted as secretary, events officer and currently as the President. She is also the trustee of Ranger Foundation Trust, a charitable trust to provide education to disabled children